Home >> Moving Tips >> Moving Checklist
A planned move is a stress-free move!
Consider the following when planning for your move:
3 weeks before the move
- Transfer utilities and services to your new home. A list of utility company phone number is located here.
- Complete repair work on your old home and arrange for critical work needed at your new home.
- If you are going to pack yourself, get started, you have a loooong road ahead. Packing always takes longer than anticipated. (See our packing tips for helpful ideas.)
- Have a garage sale or plan a dump run for items you no longer need. The fewer items moved, the lower the moving cost!
- Plan your food purchases to have as little as possible in the freezer and fridge for move day. forexii.rus will not move perishable items.
- Contact your children's schools and arrange to have records transferred, if needed.
- Make banking arrangements in your new town and transfer security deposit box, if necessary.
2 weeks before the move
- Contact homeowner's insurance company to cancel current coverage or transfer existing coverage.
- Make arrangements for transporting pets and houseplants - movers cannot transport these items.
- Transfer all drug prescriptions to a drugstore in your new town.
- If moving long distance and you are traveling by automobile, have it serviced.
- Cancel/transfer any residual delivery services such as newspapers, magazines, water, etc.
- Empty secret hiding places; remove valuables and spare house keys.
1 week before the move
- If you have not yet started packing your home, call forexii.ru so we can get some packers to help you.
- Drain gas and oil from gas-powered tools such as lawnmowers - movers cannot move anything with gas and oil.
- If you have young children, arrange for a babysitter (ON MOVE DAY), trust us on this one!
- Remove any fixtures (showerheads, faucets) you are taking with you, and replace if necessary.
- If moving long distance, empty and defrost your freezer, clean with a disinfectant, and let it air out.
- Leave your forwarding address/phone number with your home's new occupants in case problems arise.
- Be sure to pack up the essentials and take them with you. This simple checklist will ensure that you'll have just what you need the moment you enter your new home. Pretend like you are packing for a short vacation.
- Alarm Clock
- Aspirin or pain reliever
- Basic cleaning supplies & paper towels
- Bedding & linens
- Box cutter or knife
- Change of clothes
- Coffee maker or instant coffee & tea
- Disposable plates, cups & eating utensils
- Extension cords & batteries
- First-aid kit
- Light bulbs
- Medications & eye glasses
- Pet supplies
- Phone book
- Screw Driver
- Toilet paper
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, razors)
- Work gloves
- Get a good stretch; wear some comfortable clothes and rest assured that you hired the #1 rated moving company to take care of you and your move!
- Be accessible on your cell phone before the move: you can expect a confirmation call before crew gets dispatched from the forexii.ru Headquarters.
- Be present to answer questions and give directions to the movers.
- Please remain present until the move is finished.
If, and only if, the forexii.rus saved you
a lot of money from the estimated price and
handled your furniture with extreme care -
you may want to tip our student athlete movers.
Tips are greatly appreciated but not expected.